Thursday 11 June 2009

Stardust Speedway 009 - Researching On The Move and Power-Ups

During my free periods from my Teacher Training at the moment; I have been using my Google G1 Phone and some newly downloaded apps to carry out some more research for the project while I am free from lessons.

I have downloaded a Mega Drive Emulator for my G1 phone called Gensoid which allows me to play Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic Spinball and write down some notes during gameplay. So I will be still researching these titles during the break from uni work.

Just Keeping you updated with everything; but still can't find my dreamcast so Sonic Adventure will be delayed until my room is clear.

2 comments:

  1. Is there something to be said for playing the games on their original console? I don't think it really probably matters for the type of socio-political research you are doing for the game i just wondered why you have gone for emulation and ported copies compaired to the real deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well; I have found my Mega Drive and a few of my original copies of Sonic games so I can do some original gameplay as well. But with Sonic CD and Sonic Adventure; some of these games are hard to get and I can't find them at the moment.

    I do agree that you should play these games on their original consoles and I would love to play each title on its original console; but getting Sonic Gems collection was the cheapest way to play Sonic CD without buying the CD attachment for the Mega Drive and finding a copy.

    It is something that I was thinking of addressing in the sense of Capitalism as is playing the titles on emulation for free or reduced price rather than finding their original consoles and original copies?

    ReplyDelete