Wednesday 7 October 2009

Stardust Speedway 036 - Wave 2 Research: Journals and Other Odditys

Well; I have done some initial Wave 2 research over the last few days which started with me doing a small Brainstorm within my notebook and has now developed into a small list of research documents which is a good start for the project.

Now it would have taken too long to do a seperate blog entry for each item like I have been doing as normal; so I am going to accumulate all this research in this single entry. So I hope you enjoy and look at these as well:-

Journals - One thing that my tutor Tamara said would be good to look at would be some more journals which would look at the current world of the subjects I am looking at for this project; so I have found four which could be interesting including Game Studies, Loading, Game Culture and Eludamos. But I am also going to look at The Gamer's Quarter as well; which I have been reading since Year 2.

Blogs - Now I have been using blogs for under a year and I find them to be a great source of personal views for all of the different subjects that I will cover; so I am going to look at blogs in my research as well. This will be including the Guardian's own Game Culture Blog which I didn't know existed until half an hour ago of writing this entry so its more of a bonus.

Documentary's and More Films - When looking at films and some potential documentarys that I could be using; I found one about Capitalism that is being created by Michael Moore which will be great to watch if released over here. Might have to watch it online. I have also considered including more films in the research including the excellent King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters which is about two Donkey Kong players trying to out play each other and achieve the highest score possible; which could be good research to contribute to the writing.

So that is what I have found so far; and I am going to research it all now and see if there is anything that I can use

No comments:

Post a Comment